Single plays for the 2014 Big Ten basketball season were announced this afternoon and Michigan will play Ohio State (road), Illinois (road), Northwestern (home) and Penn State (home) just once next season.
Single plays are not guaranteed to flip home and away in the 2014-15 season as they have in previous years due to the addition of Rutgers and Maryland to the conference. However, the Big Ten is unlikley to go to a divisional structure in basketball but could consider protected rivalries – according to The Gazette.
Michigan’s entire schedule is expected to be released later this summer. The Wolverines have already established a challenging non-conference slate, hosting Arizona, traveling to Duke and Iowa State, facing Stanford at the Barclays Center and participating in the Puerto Rico Tip Off which is features Auburn, Charlotte, Florida State, Georgetown, Kansas State, Long Beach State and VCU.
Find the complete list of Big Ten single plays after the jump.
- Illinois: Michigan, Purdue, at Northwestern, at Minnesota
- Indiana: Ohio State, Iowa, at Purdue, at Minnesota
- Iowa: Purdue, Nebraska, at Penn State, at Indiana
- Michigan: Northwestern, Penn State, at Ohio State, at Illinois
- Michigan State: Nebraska, Minnesota, at Purdue, at Wisconsin
- Minnesota: Indiana, Illinois, at Michigan State, at Nebraska
- Nebraska: Wisconsin, Minnesota, at Iowa, at Michigan State
- Northwestern: Illinois, Penn State, at Ohio State, at Michigan
- Ohio State: Michigan, Northwestern, at Wisconsin, at Indiana
- Penn State: Iowa, Wisconsin, at Michigan, at Northwestern
- Purdue: Indiana, Michigan State, at Illinois, at Iowa
- Wisconsin: Ohio State, Michigan State, at Penn State, at Nebraska