The latest on Michigan basketball commitments and recruiting targets from across the country including news, scouting tidbits, video highlights and more.
Glenn Robinson III - Commit
The 6-foot-7 wing was knocking on the door of five-star status coming out of the summer. This winter, he appears to be well on his way to busting that door down. He has size, a complete game and high level athleticism that all translates at a high level. His impact at Michigan should be immediate and sizable.
Robinson had a game-high 18 points in 59-50 win over Michigan City which gave Lake Central an unblemished home record on the season.
Mitch McGary - Commit
McGary had 13 points ina 76-42 win over New Hampton and we posted video and scouting notes yesterday. On Monday, Brester faced off with a loaded Tilton squad and prevailed once again, by a final score of 60-56, to remain undefeated on the season. McGary had 12 points in the Brewster win.
Nik Stuaskas – Commit
Stauskas had a team high 22 points in an 80-46 win over St. George’s. St. Mark’s also cruised to wins over Nobles (75-39) and Marianapolis Prep (87-61).
We were the first to discuss Della Valle as a potential 2012 recruit last week and want to continue to emphasize that this is a precautionary move, going after a player this good this late in the game is always a nice luxury to have. Michigan hasn’t offered and it only makes sense to conduct due diligence and doesn’t mean attrition is necessarily imminent.
Della Valle had 18 of his game high 23 poitns in the second half to lead Findlay to a 19 point win over Stoneridge Prep at the Henderson Invitational.
Class of 2013
Zak Irvin – Commit
Zak Irvin scored 37 points on 7 of 10 three point shooting in a big 107-98 win over Pike High School. Irvin also had 28 points, six rebounds, three assists and three steals in a win over Westfield which wrapped up a third consecutive Hoosier Crossroad Conference championship for Hamilton Southeastern.
HSE drew a tough first-round sectional playoff game against a North Central team that features Purdue bound guard Ronnie Johnson. (Photo: Dustin Johnston)
Austin Hatch – Commit
Hatch hasn’t played basketball this season but continues along the road to recovery.
Derrick Walton – Commit
Walton had a game high 29 points in a 64-53 loss to Ottawa Hills and knocked down four triples. Chandler Park took the loss but Walton enjoyed the trip across the state:
“It was fun,” Walton said. “I’m sad that we didn’t get the win, but it’s always fun to see guys that you play with during the summer.”
Mark Donnal – Commit
Class of 2014/2015 Notes
- Tyler Wideman visited Michigan on Saturday night and Purdue on Sunday. The sophomore big man also had 17 points, eight rebounds and four blocks in a 59-50 win over Michigan City. (Photo: Dustin Johnston)
- We discussed Devin Booker quite a bit last week and the Michigan transplant now in Mississippi did make it in for Michigan’s Saturday evening win over Ohio State although his season is over.
- Drake Harris had 19 points in a 64-57 win over Muskegon Heights on Saturday night.
- Cliff Alexander had nine points, 16 rebounds and five blocked shots in a 50-47 win over Bogan in the semifinals of the Public League Playoffs. He added four points and seven rebounds in a 53-49 loss to Simeon in the Public League Final .
- Grant Evans had 17 points in a 54-47 win over Yorktown and 17 points and seven assists in a 76-38 win at Daleville.
- Trevon Bluiett had 15 points in a 62-27 win over Indianapolis Lutheran and 27 points (including a school record eight 3-pointers) in a 75-57 win over Indianapolis Chatard on Feb. 17.
- Sean Sellers visited Butler and also had 31 points, four rebounds three assists and two blocks in a win over South Ripley.
- Jamal Poplar was at Michigan’s win over Ohio State and had 10 rebounds in a 38-33 loss to Highland Park on Friday. He also had six points in a 66-60 loss to Harper Woods.
- Keita Bates-Diop had seven points and six rebounds in a loss to Richwoods. He also had 12 points in a 62-34 win over Central Catholic
- 2015 guard Luke Kennard had 21 points in a 64-52 win over Carroll to help Franklin remain undefeated.
Notes and disclaimers: Don’t hesitate to pass along articles, scores or other tidbits to email@example.com. Just because a player is not listed here for this particular week doesn’t mean anything other than we couldn’t find a significant update for the week.