Friday Links: Luke Kennard highlights weekend visitors, early bracketology, other notes
- Madness: First practices bring out star prospects
Michigan isn’t hosting a Midnight Madness but Rivals reports that Luke Kennard will visit the Wolverines this weekend. ESPN’s Dave Telep also reports ($) that Chandler White will be on campus.
- 2015 Intro: Evan Boudreaux will visit Michigan
As previously reported, Boudreaux will be on campus this weekend for an unofficial
- Indiana, Louisville battle it out for preseason power rankings top spot
Always a great read, Luke Winn’s first batch of power rankings have Michigan ranked 9th. Indiana (1), NC State (3), Ohio State (6), Michigan STate (11) and Wisconsin (16) all feature on Michigan’s schedule.
- Predicting the 2013 men’s NCAA tournament
Jerry Palm has Michigan as a No. 3 seed in Auburn Hills in his way too early bracketology. Also at the Palace? The No. 2 seeded Spartans. That would make for quite a weekend.
- Nonconference schedule analysis: Big Ten
Eamonn Brennan gives Michigan a seemingly fair 6 out of 10 on non-conference scheduling: “The NIT Season Tip-Off comprises early-round games against mid-majors at the Crisler Center before presumably taking its show — which will offer some combination of games against Virginia, Kansas State and/or Pittsburgh — to Madison Square Garden. There are quality opponents available there, and both West Virginia and Arkansas will present challenges, but other than NC State in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge, there are no elite teams on this projected title contender’s docket. Good schedule, not great.”
- Interview with 2014 SF Vincent Edwards
Michigan continues to make progress in Edwards’s recruitment. His originally planned visit to Michigan this weekend is off but it’s the only imminent visit on his schedule at this point.
- So You Want to Predict the Future
Dan Hanner explains his prediction system to the public, the same system that saw Michigan drop.
- Social Media: In preparation for the upcoming season we’ve put some time into improving our social media channels. Make sure to ‘Like’ our Facebook page and subscribe to our two YouTube channels, here and here, and of course follow us on Twitter.