Caris LeVert completed his Michigan visit on Friday and signs point toward the 2012 guard making a decision in the coming days. At this point, LeVert’s affinity toward the Maize and Blue isn’t exactly a well kept secret. The Wolverines were in strong standing for LeVert’s commitment before his visit and the word this weekend was that the visit only helped Michigan’s chances.
Sam Webb echoes a similar sentiment while LeVert’s teammate, 2013 Michigan football commitment Taco Charlton, tweeted something of a hint on Sunday morning:
Michigan is goina love Pickerington Central athletes!!!haha that’s all I gota say.
— Taco Charlton (@thekidTC33) May 6, 2012
LeVert had previously reported wanting to make a decision early this week and that should be favorable news for Michigan fans as things stand today.
Other notes from Spiece
- 2013 Michigan commitment Derrick Walton led the Michigan Mustangs to the tournament quarterfinals with a buzzer beating three pointer to send a Sweet 16 game to overtime. Reports are that the future Michigan point guard has been limited on Sunday due to leg issues.
- Mark Donnal was impressive in the action that we saw on Saturday. He showed off a nice reverse dunk and smooth moves in the post but missed the evening’s games. Donnal has a great collection of skills and should only continue to improve.
- Luke Kennard and AJ Harris breezed through pool play. In the game we watched, Kennard dominated. He had dunks in transition, knocked down easy threes and showed off impressive no-look passes in transition.
- 2014 big man Tyler Wideman also had an impressive game on Saturday morning as he even showed off a perimeter stroke, burying a couple of threes.
- Grand Rapids Christian guard Drake Harris was out of action throughout the tournament recovering from an injury and it cost his Meanstreets team as they lost to Sean Sellers and the Eric Gordon All-Stars in pool play before being knocked out of the gold bracket early.
- We’ll have much more from Spiece including video, scouting and features on a number of Wolverine prospects and commitments in attendance.