Class of 2011
Carlton Brundidge – Commit
As mentioned earlier last week, Brundidge had 41 points in Southfield’s 87-59 season opening win versus Mount Clemens.
It’s a big week for Southfield as Brundidge will lead them versus state ranked Romulus on Tuesday and against Michigan State commitment Brandan Kearney and Detroit Southeastern on Saturday.
Trey Burke – Commit
Brundidge had a smooth 25 points on 8 of 11 (3-4 3pt) shooting to go along with seven assists, two steals, three blocks, and two rebounds in an 86-48 win over Mansfield. Northland will face Beechcroft on Tuesday and Whetstone on Friday
Class of 2012
Photo Credit: NWI Times
Glenn Robinson III – Commit
We already posted video and scouting information from Powers’ win over Ann Arbor Gabriel Richard.
Dorsey-Walker had 26 points in a 97-81 loss to Summit Christian in the Mr. Basketball Classic at Lansing Eastern.
Nick was featured in this ESPN profile which discusses his journey to St. Mark’s. St. Mark’s is 4-0 and Stauskas continues to play well, most recently scoring 19 points. The New England Recruiting Report recently had a chance to watch Stauskas in action:
Sometimes overshadowed by the dominating inside-outside tandem of Tarczewski and Murphy, Stauskas showed off the versatile offensive skill-set that makes him a potential high-major prospect in his own right. The 6’6” wing in the class of 2012 single-handedly broke the game open midway through the first half on Friday, culminating his own nine-point scoring spree with an emphatic two-hand dunk in transition. Finishing with a game-high 19 points, Stauskas shot the ball smoothly from behind the arc, attacked the rim aggressively from the wing, and got into passing lanes on the defensive-end to create steals that led directly to scores.
Hare had 17 points and 10 rebounds in a 50-36 victory over Mount Pleasant. However, on the tail end of back-to-back games Arthur Hill fell to De La Salle and Hare posted 12 points while battling foul trouble.
We posted an interview last week with Mitch McGary, a big man likely to be in the 2012 class.
We’ve mentioned Spicer as a potential big man target in the class of 2012 but the wirey post player has a ways to go, according to this report we received after Robichaud’s loss to Lincoln Park. He had just 2points (no FGs), 7 rebounds, and three blocks. Here’s a brief scouting report from the inbox:
Strengths – Good leaper and is able to run the floor. Good form on FT show that he could possibly develop his jumper.
Weaknesses – Lacks strength with the ball, was to easily slapped out of his hands on rebounds. Lack a fluid offensive game because he doesn’t understand how to use his size.
Class of 2013 Notes
- Steven Haney and Byron Zeigler, two of the top 2013 players in the state, reportedly made the trip to Crisler Arena to watch Michigan beat Utah.
- Monte Morris had 23 points in just 2 quarters against Flint Northern before the game was cancelled due to fights in the crowd. You can find some highlights here and a full game report here.
- Denzel Watts had 20 points, 16 assists, 9 rebounds, and 6 steals in a big 72-47 win over Carman Ainsworth.
- Jackson Lamb led all scorers with 17 points in a loss to Huron, Michigan had an assistant coach on hand to watch the 2013 big.
- VJ Beachem, who visited Michigan in September, had 17 points and 10 rebounds
- Indiana sophomores Basil Smotherman and Zak Irvin visited Purdue over the weekend. Irvin was ranked 25th in Scout’s top 35 for 2013.
- Sophomore Lorenzo Bonam is making a name for himself at Robichaud as he had 9 points an 8 rebounds in a loss to Lincoln park. At 6-foot-3, Bonam is another talented guard in a loaded 2013 guard class. Here are some more notes on Bonam’s game.