Casey Prather and Trey Zeigler will be visiting Ann Arbor this weekend
As previously mentioned, this weekend is huge not only for the football team but for Michigan basketball recruiting as well. Trey Zeigler and Casey Prather are the 2010 headliners but there are a number of underclassmen as well. For the full list, check out the updated expected visitors page. Additions include Justin Gant and Tommy McCune as well as a pair of underclassmen including 2012 point guard Ray Lee and Denzel Watts (2013, Flint CA). (Update: Added commitment Tim Hardaway Jr. as well)
Rivals posted a pretty bland article ($) about Casey Prather’s visit to Clemson last weekend. Prather has consistently said the right things throughout his recruitment and seems to make sure to keep things close to the vest. The consensus from Prather was that Oliver Purnell and company “made a good impression”. This video is relevant enough to link.
Starting this week, coaches are allowed to make in-home visits and according to BOTB Scouting (they are rolling again), Tom Izzo made his way to the Zeigler household. Izzo also made it to see Tommy McCune, a 2011 Saginaw forward who has Michigan State high on his list but is expected in Ann Arbor this weekend.
The schedule page has been updated with time and TV information for a couple of the non-conference games. Kansas will be an early tip on ESPN and UConn is set for 4:30 PM on CBS (or 1:30). Here’s the full list of updates:
- Nov 20th – Houston Baptist — 7 PM
- Dec 2nd – Boston College — 7:30 PM — ESPN2
- Dec 9th – at Utah — 9PM ET (7PM MT/Local) — CBS College Sports
- Dec 19th – at Kansas — Noon ET, (11 am CT/Local) — ESPN
- Jan 17th – UConn — 1:30/4:30 PM — CBS
UPDATE: The full schedule has been released.
- Andy Katz talks AAU influence on recruiting and of course interviews Beilein. The refrain sounds similar: the ethics committee is not for enforcement. Beilein also talks about gifting tickets, summer packets, and Elite camps. (HT: MGoBlog)
- Indiana hired Drew Adams as their coordinator of basketball systems. Jody Demling notes that Adams was a coach for the Indiana Elite AAU program and coached Indiana commitment Austin Etherington and 2011 target Jerermiah Davis.
- Lebron James is John Calipari’s latest recruiting tool. Who’d have guessed? Maybe this guy.
- Q&A with Brandan Kearney ($) as well as a little video ($).
- KJ looks Delvon Roe’s season, Michigan fans became familiar with Roe during his recruitment and his big game in Ann Arbor but I expect him to become a national name this year.
- There is hope for Lions fans? After midnight on Sundays.