- MaxPreps.com ranks Michigan’s 2011 recruiting class 15th in the nation and third in the Big Ten with Carlton Brundidge at 62, Burke at 80 and Bielfeldt at 100 – full top 100 here.
- NBE Basketball’s Ray Mernagh raved about Glenn Robinson III saying, “I did not recognize Glenn “Trey” Robinson when compared to the skinny kid I watched last summer …. A superb athlete already, Michigan is getting one helluva basketball player in Big Dog’s kid.” Click through for much more.
- The question for 2013 prospects has stretched well into Illinois as Michigan was in to watch three Illinois kids this week: Jalen James (tweet), Malcolm Hill Jr. (Rivals $) and David Cohn (tweet). We’ll be working to watch all of these kids on the AAU circuit this summer.
- John Beilein was also out watching the usual suspects in Indiana, including Gary Harris and Zak Irvin. Indiana, Kansas State and Tennessee were among the other schools at that workout. He also stopped by Park Tudor to watch 2014 prospect Trevon Bluiett as well.
- Stephen Bell notes a few breakout performers from the Grand Rapids Storm Classic, a group which includes 2013 guards Denzel Watts and Lorenzo Bonam.
- Chris Jenkins starred at the Grand Rapids Storm Classic. The 2012 long swing man led the REACH Legends 17U team to the championship and was helped out by Sherron Dorsey-Walker who added 35 points in the finals.
- 2013 wing Steven Haney exploded for over 40 points on Saturday at the Grand Rapids Storm Classic before heading back to school to work out in front of several schools which reportedly included Michigan.
- City League Hoops put together a nice spring highlight mix of 2012 big man Mitch McGary.
- A couple relevant AAU tournaments this weekend include the King James Classic in Akron, which will feature several Michigan teams including the Mustangs, Team Detroit, Detroit Stars and ACB Hoops. There’s also the Spring Showdown in Merillvile which Joe Eberhardt previews from an Indiana perspective here and Chicago Hoops breaks at with a more national scope. We plan to have coverage from both venues.
Here’s a short video of Carlton Brundidge at the Under Armour All-Michigan Classic. The event featured almost all of Michigan’s top seniors and Brundidge’s team came away with the victory. Obviously the intensity level in these games isn’t the highest but Carlton showed off a little elevation and also sported a Michigan t-shirt in warmups. Thanks again to Michigan Prep Stars for supplying the video.
Michigan commitment Glenn “Trey” Robinson III helped the SYF Players to the Pitt Jam Fest 17U silver bracket championship. This 7-minute long scouting video features almost every play that Robinson was involved in during SYF’s first four games of the tournament (with a sequence of his best dunks replayed at the start).
Mitch McGary scored the ball inside and out as he led the SYF Players to the Pitt Jam Fest 17U silver championship. This 7-minute long scouting video features almost every play that McGary was involved in during SYF’s first four games at the tournament:
Click here for more of our coverage from the Pittsburgh Jam Fest and make sure to check back later this morning for a similar video of U-M commitment Glenn Robinson III.
The original plan was to head to Pittsburgh to get a long look at Michigan’s 2012 commitments Glenn Robinson III and Nick Stauskas. Stauskas was nursing an injury and took the weekend off so that meant an even longer look at Robinson.
Robinson and Mitch McGary’s SYF Players team suffered a surprising defeat in pool play but rebounded to win the 17U silver championship on Sunday.
We have scouting notes on Robinson and several other prospects after the jump and make sure to stay tuned for video from the event as well.