- Exhibition Game TBD
- Nov. 13 – vs. SC Upstate – 7pm, BTN.com
- Nov. 18 – Bowling Green at Michigan (Legends Classic)
- Nov. 21 – Gardner-Webb at Michigan (Legends Classic)
- Nov. 26 – Legends Classic: vs. Syracuse
- Nov. 27 – Legends Classic: vs UTEP/Georgia Tech
- Nov. 30 - at Clemson – 9pm, ESPN2
- Dec. 4 – vs. Harvard – 2pm
- Dec. 10 – vs Utah – 6:30pm, BTN
- Dec. 6 – vs. Concordia (MI) – 7pm, BTN.com
- Dec. 14 – vs. North Carolina Central – 7pm, BTN
- Dec. 18 – vs. Oakland – 12pm, ESPN3.com
- Dec. 23 – vs. Bryant – 7pm, BTN
- Dec. 28 – vs. Purdue – 2pm, BTN
- Jan. 2 – vs. Penn State – 4pm, BTN
- Jan. 5 – at Wisconsin – 8:30pm, BTN
- Jan. 9 – vs Kansas
- Jan. 12 – vs. OSU – 6:30pm, BTN
- Jan. 15 – at Indiana – 8pm, BTN
- Jan. 18 – at Northwestern – 9pm, BTN
- Jan. 22 – vs. Minnesota- 7pm, BTN
- Jan. 27 – at Michigan State – 7pm, ESPN/2
- Jan. 30 – vs. Iowa – 4pm, BTN
- Feb. 3 – at Ohio State – 7pm, ESPN/2
- Feb. 6 – at Penn State – 12/3pm, BTN
- Feb. 9 – vs. Northwestern – 6:30pm, BTN
- Feb. 12 – vs. Indiana – 4pm, BTN
- Feb. 16 – at Illinois – 8:30pm, BTN
- Feb. 19/20 – at Iowa – 4:30/1pm, BTN/CBS
- Feb. 23 – vs. Wisconsin – 6:30pm, BTN
- Feb. 26 – at Minnesota – 4:30pm, BTN
- Mar. 5 – vs. Michigan State – 2pm, CBS
Michigan has one last chance to pull out a victory on their European tour as they take on on new administrative assistant Travis Conlan’s former squad, Mons.
The Mons squad includes a number of former Division 1 players: Justin Cage (Xavier), Ronnell Taylor (UAB), Ron Lewis (OSU), Marcus Hatten (St. Johns), and Shan Foster (Vanderbilt).
Tip off is 1 p.m. eastern time and similar to the first three games this post will serve as an open thread with updates in the comments.
Anton Wilson (Flint Carman Ainsworth) visited Michigan before the team took off for Europe and had the chance to sit in on a practice. Wilson is a 6-foot-5 2012 wing prospect who played for Team Pride this summer. He was a little overshadowed by all the star power on his AAU team (Ray Lee and Matt Costello, specifically) but still managed to impress plenty of coaches and jump on their radar. He’s a good scorer with solid range and athleticism. He’s also extremely long and wiry, especially for a guard. Here’s what Anton had to say about the visit.
Describe your game. I’m a scorer. I like to score and get my team involved. And I like to rebound.
You have visited Michigan, correct? Yes.
What did you think of the visit? It was great. They told me about the student part of being a student-athlete. They showed me how, if I went there I would be spending my day in academic courses. It was awesome.
Did you meet some of the Michigan coaches on your visit? What did you think of the new staff? Yeah, they were awesome. They’re great. They told me a lot of stuff about the school.
What did you think of practice? Did you meet anyone on the team? The practice ran great. It’s like, you got to go hard in practice to go hard in a game. I pretty much met the whole team when I was at camp.
Who has offered you so far? Baylor, Central Michigan, Cleveland State, Rhode Island.
Who else has shown interest in you? Georgetown, Indiana, Ball State, Michigan, Michigan State, USC and that’s about it.
If you were to receive an offer from Michigan, where would they rank on your list of schools? Probably number one.
For more photos see the Michigan Basketball Facebook page.
Michigan suffered another loss in Belgium today, falling to Oostende by 15 points. The Wolverines played Oostende to a draw through the first quarter but let the game slip away in the second quarter. Michigan went to half time down 18 but managed to fight back, cutting the Oostende lead to single digits with a 17-10 third quarter before letting the game slip away in the fourth.
[More: Post Game Video/Audio Interviews]
Michigan is obviously over-matched by these professional Belgian teams. We don’t have a perfect measure of how good the teams are but it’s pretty clear that they can play. There are a number of American players that were very good college players that have likely only gotten better and stronger.
The offense has been horrendous – 32% shooting today – but there are plenty of logical factors playing against Michigan including the longer three point line and 24 second clock. Despite their struggles Michigan battled, didn’t quit, and appeared to play tough defense today.
Michigan wraps up their Euro-tour tomorrow with a 1 p.m. eastern game versus Travis Conlan’s former squad, Mons. Box score, tempo free stats, and analysis from today’s game after the jump.
Full post game post coming soon. For now, here are the various post game interviews put out by the Michigan basketball program.
John Beilein Audio:
Stu Douglass Video:
Tim Hardaway Audio:
Corey Person Audio:
Michigan spent yesterday touring Paris and picking up a commitment from Trey Burke. (FYI: We’ve updated the scholarship breakdown chart) Today they are back on the court for another game, this time versus Oostande. Tip off is scheduled 2:30 p.m. eastern (8:30 p.m. local).
In the comments, Sven conveniently tallied a list of American players listed on Oostande’s roster:
- Darrel Mitchell LSU 05-06 16.8 ppg 4.4 apg
- Trevor Huffman Kent State 01-02 16.0 ppg 4.4 apg
- Caleb Green Oral Roberts 06-07 20.5 ppg 9.3 rpg
- Matt Lojeski Hawaii 06-07 16.9 ppg 5.5 rpg 4.5 apg
- Will Thomas George Mason 07-08 16.1 ppg 10.4 rpg
Judging by their 20-12 record and third place finish last season, it’s probably a safe bet that Oostande is closer to Charleroi than Gent. Hopefully Michigan can build off their experience in the first two games and continue to improve.
Here are some updated player diaries from MGoBlue:
We’ll be following along in the comments and on twitter so feel free to join in the action.