- Jalen Rose will MC Michigan’s Friday evening Jordan Brand jersey unveiling at the Crisler Center. DJ Khaled will perform at the event, which will take place tonight at 7 p.m. (doors open at 6 p.m.) at the Crisler Center. Registration is now closed to the public for the event and Darren Rovell tweets that Michigan expects a full house — at least as Crisler is configured.
- Check back tonight and throughout the weekend for more info from the jersey unveill.
- Four-star guard Anthony Gaines pledged to Northwestern this week. Michigan had been keeping an eye on Gaines, but hadn’t offered him a scholarship.
- Brian Bowen released his top six schools on Wednesday night and eliminated Michigan from consideration. The Wolverines’ 2017 recruiting board is now focused primarily on 7-footer Mo Bamba.
- MLive’s Brendan Quinn reports that Rumeal Robinson is now free after six years in prison.
- MGoBlue profiled Zak Irvin and Derrick Walton’s connection.
- Michigan made a run through Chicago checking in on a number of prospects including Messiah Jones and Talen Horton Tucker at Simeon, Drew Peterson at Liberty and Perry Cowan at DePaul.
- Michigan hosted 2018 guard Eric Hunter last weekend. The Indiana native told Endless Motor “Yeah I like Michigan a lot. My relationship with Coach Beilein has gotten close pretty fast over these past two weeks I would say. I’ve known coach Saddi Washington for about a year now. We’ve been in contact a lot since June.”