- Michigan has a big visit weekend on deck with Kentucky transfer Charles Matthews planning a weekend visit and five-star 2017 prospect Kris Wilkes expected in on Sunday.
- Michigan transfer Kameron Chatman has found a new home with an old coach. The former five-star recruit will continue his college career at Detroit Mercy for former Wolverine assistant coach Bacari Alexander. All of Michigan’s offseason departures have now found homes with Ricky Doyle headed to Florida Gulf Coast, Aubrey Dawkins headed to Central Florida and Spike Albrecht headed to Purdue.
- Scout.com and ESPN both updated their class of 2017 recruiting rankings in recent days. Jordan Poole checked in at No. 55 by ESPN and No. 99 by Scout.com. ESPN also ranked Jaren Jackson 25th, Kyle Young 86th, Justin Smith 76th, Kris Wilkes 11th and Brian Bowen 10th. Scout had Wilkes at No. 16, Bowen at 17, Jackson at 21 and Kyle Young at 78.
- Caris LeVert is starting to earn buzz as a potential second round steal despite his health concerns. One GM says that LeVert could be a first round pick if his medicals check out: “I like him a lot. If he gets the OK from the doctors, he’s a first-rounder without a doubt. He could go as high as late in the lottery, in my mind. He needs to get stronger, but he’s quick, he can play 1, 2 and 3, he can create his own shot, he can shoot with range … I think he’s got the whole package.’’
- Michigan’s average attendance declined for the third consecutive year, a trend outlined by MLive’s Brendan Quinn. The Wolverines were ranked just 10th in the Big Ten last year in terms of average attendance, averaging 11,611 fans per game compared to the Crisler Center’s 12,707 capacity.
- John Beilein spent some time at Nike’s headquarters to learn about the brand ahead of Michigan’s transition to the Jordan Brand.
- Michigan’s College Practice Camp is scheduled for August rather than June this summer, but the Wolverines will host a team camp on June 25th and 26th which should attract some visitors including top-100 forward Justin Smith, who is expected on campus with his high school team.
- Four-star point guard Zach Dawson has legit mutual interest with the Wolverines and is ‘dying for an offer’ and hoping to setup a visit.
- Jordan Poole was invited to next week’s NBPA Top 100 Camp in Virginia.