Michigan’s 2015-16 basketball schedule was finalized today as the Big Ten formally announced the conference schedule.
The Wolverines will open Big Ten play at Illinois on Wednesday, December 30th.
Michigan will host back-to-back marquee home games in early February with Indiana (Feb. 2) and Michigan State (Feb. 8) traveling to Ann Arbor. Those two games are part of a very difficult month of February for the Wolverines that will also feature trips to Maryland, Ohio State and Wisconsin.
Michigan will only play five teams twice in conference play — Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, Purdue, Penn State — with single plays against the league’s other eight teams. The Wolverines travel to Illinois, Nebraska, Ohio State and Wisconsin and host Indiana, Michigan State, Northwestern and Rutgers for single plays.
Michigan’s non-conference schedule is highlighted by the Battle 4 Atlantis in the Bahamas over Thanksgiving. The Wolverines open the Battle 4 Atlantis against UConn on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving at 9:30 p.m. Michigan will also travel to SMU and North Carolina State while hosting Xavier in the non-conference slate.
2015-16 Michigan Basketball Schedule
- Fri., Nov. 6 vs. Le Moyne ex
- Fri., Nov. 13 vs. Northern Michigan
- Mon., Nov. 16 vs. Elon (Battle 4 Atlantis, Mainland Game)
- Fri., Nov. 20 vs. Xavier (Gavitt Games)
- Battle 4 Atlantis (Wed. Nov. 25-Fri. Nov. 27) — Bracket
- Nov. 25: UConn (9:30 p.m.)
- Nov. 26: Syracuse or Charlotte (3:30 p.m. or 9:30 p.m.)
- Nov. 27: Gonzaga, Texas, Texas A&M or Washington
- Tue., Dec. 1 at North Carolina State – Raleigh, N.C. (ACC/Big Ten Challenge)
- Sat., Dec. 5 vs. Houston Baptist
- Tue., Dec. 8 at SMU – Dallas, Texas (Moody Coliseum)
- Sat., Dec. 12 vs. Delaware State
- Tue., Dec. 15 vs. Northern Kentucky
- Sat., Dec. 19 vs. Youngstown State
- Wed., Dec. 23 vs. Bryant University
Big Ten Schedule
- Wed., Dec. 30 at Illinois
- Sat., Jan. 2 vs. Penn State
- Thurs, Jan. 7 at Purdue
- Tues., Jan 12 vs. Maryland
- Sun., Jan 17 at Iowa
- Weds., Jan. 20 vs. Minnesota
- Sat., Jan. 23 at Nebraska
- Weds., Jan. 27 vs. Rutgers
- Sat., Jan. 30 at Penn State (at Madison Square Garden)
- Tues., Feb. 2 vs. Indiana
- Sat. Feb. 6 vs. Michigan State
- Weds., Feb. 10 at Minnesota
- Sat., Feb. 13 vs. Purdue
- Tues., Feb. 16 at Ohio State
- Sun., Feb. 21 at Maryland
- Weds., Feb. 24 vs Northwestern
- Sun., Feb. 28 at Wisconsin
- Sat., Mar. 5 vs. Iowa