“That was the main thing I took away from the visit is when Coach Calipari talked to me about being a shooting guard and a point guard,” he said. “That is something I liked a lot. It showed me how I would fit.”
In addition to his visit to Kentucky, Blackmon Jr. has also taken an official visit to Michigan and unofficial visits to Michigan State, Kansas and Indiana, and he said there’s a possibility of visiting Indiana officially or unofficially again before making a decision.
Blackmon Jr. has also put a lot of thought into what he is looking for in a coach.
“I want to feel comfortable with the coach,” he said. “I want him to do right by me, help me develop, help me get better.”
Blackmon Jr. is beginning to move into the decision-making stage of his recruitment and he knows who he will lean on for support.
“My mom and dad along with my brothers (16-year-old Vijay and 11-year-old Jalen) is who I will talk to and will help me with my decision,” he said.
- Nik Stauskas still splashing threes
- Mitch McGary on the NCAA, his Marijuana Suspension & The NBA Draft
- 2015 Big Man Recruiting
- 2013/2014 Entrance Video
- Nik Stauskas shooting threes with Vince Carter as a kid
- Looks like Austin Hatch will be featured on The Today Show today
- Friday's game in Italy
- UM vs Perugia (Game 1) – Full Game