“That was the main thing I took away from the visit is when Coach Calipari talked to me about being a shooting guard and a point guard,” he said. “That is something I liked a lot. It showed me how I would fit.”
In addition to his visit to Kentucky, Blackmon Jr. has also taken an official visit to Michigan and unofficial visits to Michigan State, Kansas and Indiana, and he said there’s a possibility of visiting Indiana officially or unofficially again before making a decision.
Blackmon Jr. has also put a lot of thought into what he is looking for in a coach.
“I want to feel comfortable with the coach,” he said. “I want him to do right by me, help me develop, help me get better.”
Blackmon Jr. is beginning to move into the decision-making stage of his recruitment and he knows who he will lean on for support.
“My mom and dad along with my brothers (16-year-old Vijay and 11-year-old Jalen) is who I will talk to and will help me with my decision,” he said.
- Matthew Moyer – New Film from Nike Sweet 16
- Nik Stauskas and Sac. Kings win Las Vegas Summer League Championship
- 2014 USA Basketball Men's U17 Tryouts
- Seth Towns – Had Quite the Weekend
- Matt McQuaid decommits from SMU
- Tyus Battle on ESPNU at 10:30am this morning
- Tim Hardaway Jr has been invited to be a part of the USA Basketball select team
- Bielfeldt now Being Listed as a Senior Obviously Means…