We posted our final class of 2013 recruiting rankings last month and with 13 prospects already committed to Big Ten schools its time to unveil our first batch of 2014 rankings. Ohio State is out to a massive early lead but several other schools have already reeled in quality prospects. Thanks to Trent Montemayor for compiling the data.
|Rank||247 Comp.||School||# Commits||Rivals Avg.||Scout Avg.||ESPN Avg.||247 Avg.||Rankings Avg.||Avg. Score||Cum. Score|
Full team-by-team breakdowns and a chronological list of commitments after the jump.
Action to date:
- Sep 3, 2010 -Indiana adds commitment from James Blackmon, Jr.
- Jun 15, 2011 -Michigan adds commitment from Austin Hatch
- Apr 1, 2012 -Penn State adds commitment from Isaiah Washington
- Jun 26, 2012 -Wisconsin adds commitment from Ethan Happ
- Nov 18, 2012 -Ohio State adds commitment from Keita Bates-Diop
- Nov 19, 2012 -Ohio State adds commitment from Jae’Sean Tate
- Dec 12, 2012 -Illinois adds commitment from Michael Finke
- Dec 13, 2012 -Maryland adds commitment from Romelo Trimble
- Feb 11, 2013 -Ohio State adds commitment from David Bell
- Mar 11, 2013 -Michigan adds commitment from Ricky Doyle
- May 5, 2013 -Purdue adds commitment from Dakota Mathias
- Jun 7, 2013 -Ohio State adds commitment from D’Angelo Russell
- Jun 7, 2013 -Maryland adds commitment from Dion Wiley
The Buckeyes have the top class in the Big Ten by a comfortable margin. All four committed prospects are rated a four star by at least one publication and both Bates-Diop and Russell are top-25 prospects.
As a member of the Big Ten starting in 2014, we welcome Maryland to the rankings. Turgeon is having no problems recruiting to the conference with a 4/5 star and a consensus four-star in his class.
|James Blackmon Jr.||SG||IN||4||4||4||4|
Trey Lyles decommitted from Indiana but Blackmon has held his commitment and the shooting guard is one of the most efficient scorers on the EYBL circuit.
Ricky Doyle looked good at Michigan’s College Practice Camp but he’s still a relative unknown on the national scene. With the NBPA Top-100 Camp this weekend and AAU Nationals in July, he’ll have his opportunity to emerge.
Iowa, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern and Rutgers have no commitments.