”That’s lousy ball-screen defense — LOUSY!” Beilein yelled as he stopped practice. “Can I see some athleticism please, Mitch?! Be an athlete! Don’t be a slow big man! Hit the stairs!”
With that, McGary raced halfway up the Crisler steps, then back down. Simple action, simple consequence. Beilein almost never curses but his presence is profound, arms folded, watching everything.
Spend a day with him and you’ll find he’s exactly as he appears, calm and friendly and enraptured by the nuances of basketball. But one thing should not be misconstrued: His gentlemanly nature does not dim his competitive fire, not one bit.
- Game 30: Indiana at Michigan Open Thread
- Senior Day Gallery: Jordan Morgan
- Notebook: Michigan looking to celebrate Big Ten title with win over Indiana
- Video: John Beilein, Michigan players preview Indiana
- Game 30: Indiana at Michigan Preview
- Jordan Morgan will leave a legacy of perseverance, excellence at Michigan