”That’s lousy ball-screen defense — LOUSY!” Beilein yelled as he stopped practice. “Can I see some athleticism please, Mitch?! Be an athlete! Don’t be a slow big man! Hit the stairs!”
With that, McGary raced halfway up the Crisler steps, then back down. Simple action, simple consequence. Beilein almost never curses but his presence is profound, arms folded, watching everything.
Spend a day with him and you’ll find he’s exactly as he appears, calm and friendly and enraptured by the nuances of basketball. But one thing should not be misconstrued: His gentlemanly nature does not dim his competitive fire, not one bit.
- Report: Michigan offers 2014 wing Aubrey Dawkins
- Muhammad Ali Abdur-Rahkman commits to Michigan
- Scouting Video & Evaluation: Aubrey Dawkins
- Transfer Watch: Cole Huff, Byron Wesley interested in Michigan
- Report: Aubrey Dawkins to visit Michigan this weekend
- Notebook: Caris LeVert invited to Kevin Durant Skills Academy