Tim Hardaway Jr. was made available to the media today to talk about Michigan’s upcoming game against Northern Michigan on Thursday. You can read highlighted notes and quotes after the jump or watch in the embedded media player below.
- “I think we have a great group of humble individuals.” Hardaway said there has been tremendous buy-in across the board into whatever John Beilein asks of them.
- Hardaway is looking forward to playing his first game in the new Crisler Center and “showing everybody what we’ve been working on this past summer.” The goal remains to stay humble, stay focused and execute.
- “I don’t think there’s that much difference” between this year’s team and last year’s. Pointed out that with the departure of Stu Douglass, Zack Novak and Evan Smotrycz alongside the arrival of Glenn Robinson III, Spike Albrecht, Nik Stauskas and Caris Levert, there’s actually one more really good shooter on this year’s team.
- “I think we’re doing an unbelievable job of blocking (the rankings) out.” Said they don’t talk about them at all in the locker rooms or at practice.
- Said Spike Albrecht is taking the most charges out of anyone in practice.
- On the attitude he wants the team to have going into the exhibition game: “This is supposed to be fun. It’s not supposed to be tense … have fun and enjoy the moment.”
- Said all he’s seen of the new Crisler Center has been on MGoBlue.com
- “I definitely see myself doing a better job of handling the ball a little bit more, just shooting the ball a little bit better, getting my feet set, balance-wise. That all comes in with the coaching staff doing a great job of bringing us in in the morning, when we have time to get a few extra shots up.”
- “It’s a challenge to come from prep to collegiate basketball” when it comes to defense. Hardaway said if you get caught standing up on defense, you will pay for it.
- More praise for Caris Levert and Spike Albrecht, singled them out as surprises during practices.
- “I saw Zack’s stats from that one game, that was incredible.” Said the team has heard from both Zack Novak and Stu Douglass. Get’s the impression that Novak misses playing with them.