The aftermath of Michigan’s win over Michigan State has been a bit of a whirlwind so here’s a run-down of all of our coverage along with notable reactions elsewhere.
- At UM Hoops: Five Key Plays / Inside the Michigan Locker Room / Michigan State at Michigan Recap / Video, Notes & Quotes: John Beilein / Photo Gallery / Video: Tom Izzo Reacts to Loss at Michigan / Video: Trey Burke, Stu Douglass, Zack Novak and Tim Hardaway Jr.
- The Trey Burke Wolverine Freshman Spectacular
Grantland love for Trey Burke: “I’m coming out with the big guns today: Trey Burke is the most exciting player in college basketball. “
- Been There Before
Brian’s recap and reaction: “Zack Novak doesn’t care about that. He cares about February 5th in Breslin, when he’ll have the opportunity to go out with a winning record against Michigan State. The last four-year player to accomplish that was… I have no idea.”
- Michigan point guard Burke turns out to be perfect replacement for Morris
Jeff Goodman was in the stands on Tuesday night and, naturally, profiles Trey Burke
- Green guarantees win in Round 2 ($)
“They won three. Before that, how many how had they won?” Green said. “They got their little three, but they come to East Lansing in a few weeks. “They better celebrate this one, because I can guarantee you they won’t get one in East Lansing. You can quote me on that one.”
- Michigan takes Michigan State’s best shot and stands tall
Wojo in the Detroit News: “Others can debate the logistics of the rivalry, but I don’t see the Spartans retreating. And I don’t see the Wolverines backing off.”
- NOTEBOOK: Back in the starting lineup, Stu Douglass hits another game winner against Michigan State
“We want to put our best five on the floor, and put guys that we felt understood our defense and understood what we were doing the best,” Beilein said. “Stu is such a great defender, and I wanted him on the floor from the very beginning.
- Predicting the field for the 2012 men’s NCAA tournament
It’s mid-January but why not, Palm has Michigan as a No. 5 seed in Nashville against Iona
- Big Ten Geeks: Beilein Ball
“Beilein’s teams have been at their best when they’re among the nation’s leaders in these two categories: 2pt% and TO%.
- Notes from post game
Derrick Nix on the loss: “This loss hurt. I felt like I just got broke up with or cheated on. I just don’t know how to feel. I felt like we had the game won and a few bad plays turned the game around.”
- Michigan’s John Beilein Dances to T-Pain