- The Detroit Free Press reports that John Beilein plans to stay in Ann Arbor past his fifth season. I’m not sure there were many questions around that but there are a number of other quotes on the program in the article.
- Updates to Austin Hatch’s Caring Bridge page continue to improve, here’s the most recent update that was posted on Monday: “Austin had another good week. He keeps exceeding the goals that the therapy team sets for him. To our delight, he continues his strong determination to recover. All who work with him are inspired by his progress. His commitment to God, family/friends and basketball are always evident.”
- This quote from Jordan Dumars that was originally published on MGoBlue.com is making waves in national media: “Michigan basketball should be a lock for the tournament every year,” Dumars, a transfer from South Florida, said via Michigan’s website. “We’re not a low-major school that is just looking to make the tournament; we’re trying to get things done. Obviously it would be lovely to make the Sweet 16 or the Final Four, but at the end of every one of our workouts this year all we say is, ‘national championship.’ That’s our mindset for sure.
- 2014 targets Peyton Allen (Sept. 17), Keita Bates Diop (Sept. 3), Amanze Egezeke (Sept. 3) and Perry Poindexter (Sept. 17), Sean Sellers (Sept. 17) and Bryant McIntosh (Sept. 17) have all scheduled unofficial visits to Michigan in the coming month. As Michigan continues to turn it’s focus to the 2014 class, we should have profiles posted in the coming days.
- John Beilein discusses continuity on the coaching staff and what it means to be the head coach at Michigan in these videos created for JohnBeilein.com.
- Rivals.com updated its 2013 rankings and three Michigan commitments are within the top-150: Zak Irvin at No. 54, Derrick Walton at No. 87 and Mark Donnal at No. 124.
- Ballin’ is a Habit compiled consensus post-July rankings for 2012 which are an aggregation of Rivals, Scout, ESPN, CBS and 247Sports. Michigan’s 2012 commitments both land in the top-100 with Glenn Robinson III at No. 52 and Nick Stauskas at No. 79.
Notebook: Austin Hatch, Recruiting Rankings and 2014 Visits
Previous post: Class of 2012 Big Ten Recruiting Rankings: August 30th, 2011