The Detroit News posted a great question and answer feature with the Michigan basketball coaches. The range of subjects spans last season, next season, recruiting philosophies and just about everything in between.
Times and television assignments for the 2011 Big Ten/ACC Challenge were announced yesterday and Michigan will face Virginia at 7 pm (eastern) on November 29th on ESPN2. As always, notes on next year’s schedule can be found here.
The NCAA approved new recruiting guidelines for basketball, here are the highlights:
- A start date for official visits beginning after the men’s basketball championship in April of the junior year.
- Deregulating the type of communication between coaches and prospects (including text messaging and other forms of electronic communication).
- Allowing unlimited communication after Aug. 1 before the junior year in high school.
- Permitting evaluations at certified nonscholastic events on two weekends in April, with some restrictions.
- Permitting some contact at a prospect’s educational institution in conjunction with an evaluation, with some restrictions and requirements.
Luke Winn takes an in depth look at the decommitment and transfer epidemic in college basketball as only he could. By far the most eye opening statistic in the study is that “39.2 percent of top-100 recruits attended multiple high schools”.
John Beilein will be on “Coaches Corner” with Andy Katz, an ESPNU feature to air on August 16th at 5pm.