- Tim Hardaway Jr. scored in double figures as Team USA scrimmaged Air Force. He discussed the try-outs with the Free Press here. (Photo: USA Basketball)
- Sherron Dorsey-Walker took an unofficial visit to Michigan yesterday, which he discussed with Heard this Blog. Sherron plans to take the next step in his recruitment after the July period, we’ll have more with him later. The last time we saw Sherron, he was knocking down threes from all over the court in a terrific performance at Spiece.
- Derrick Walton and Steve Haney both visited Notre Dame yesterday but the Irish did not extend a scholarship offer to Walton. Demetrius Jackson was also on the move, visiting Michigan State yesterday with upcoming trips to Michigan and Indiana.
- Tomorrow is the big day for Darius Morris, who’s stock has fluctuated significantly on draft boards, as he will find out his NBA fate. Seth Davis solicited scouting reports on the top-40 draft prospects and here’s a snippet of D-Mo’s report: “Shoot, he’s not bad at all. In my mind, he’s better than Nolan Smith or Shelvin Mack.” Adrian Wojnarowski notes that Morris’s name is picking up buzz in NBA circles, on the other hand he’s been falling on the popular mock drafts.
- The internet has been buzzing with news that 2013 wing Zak Irvin could be close to making a decision. We reported back at Spiece that Irvin was high on the Wolverines and don’t have any reason to believe that’s changed. Will the youngster make his decision before July? We’ll just have to see.
- Zak Irvin and Austin Hatch will participate in the IBCA Showcase this July, a camp featuring the top prospects in Indiana during the live evaluation period.