- Luke Hancock to Louisville
Hancock’s only visit was the Louisville and they recently hired his coach from Hargrave Military Academy.
- Breunig Visits UW
German power forward Martin Breunig is taking visits after decommitting from Maryland. He visited Washington but lists Michigan among others. Per his prep assistant coach: “We’ve heard from pretty much everyone — Michigan, Florida, USC, Tennessee, UAB and Providence.” At this point it seems like Michigan has thrown its hat into the ring but it remains to be seen whether anything more comes from the situation.
- Michigan will play Nebraska once next season, at Nebraska. We now know that Nebraska is one of Michigan’s single plays while Purdue and Illinois will be double-plays.
- Miami Heat’s Juwan Howard: The Fab Five’s Last Shot – WSJ.com
- Darius Morris explains why he left Michigan basketball program for shot at the NBA
- A few thoughts on Capobiano’s decision to transfer
Indiana loses Tom Crean’s first recruit and Alex Bozich shares his thoughts.
- 5 O’Clock Shadow
”Ed Hightower, who recently slept in a recliner for seven weeks while recovering from rotator cuff surgery, has cut his work load under 60 games and says he’ll retire within the next two years. He is part of the old guard that is being replaced by younger refs.”
- Zak Irvin visited Butler last week and is recently picking up new interest from Georgetown, Marquette and Louisville.
- Troy Spears, a 2014 recruit from Indiana, plans to visit Michigan in June.