- The Greg Kampe Show: 3/21/11
You probably don’t want to listen to an hour long podcast about Oakland basketball but there’s one takeaway from Kampe here: “Our schedule is completely blown up. There’s nothing for sure in our schedule right now. Even the Michigan game at the Palace, there are some issues with the date on that. Michigan has the chance to play Texas on the same day.”
Obviously potential opponents’ radio shows aren’t the best source for scheduling information, but this is at least one possibility to keep an eye on. Michigan already travels to Maui (Duke, Georgetown, Kansas, Memphis, Tennessee and UCLA round out that field) and will likely host a Big Ten-ACC Challenge game but John Beilein has mentioned that he wants to add another high profile major-conference game. Texas would fit the bill but I assume there are several other options being floated around as well.
- Josh Bartelstein, Darius Morris, Zack Novak and Matt Vogrich were all named to Academic All-Big Ten team.
- Notebook: Junior All-Star roster loaded with top players
Glenn Robinson III named to the “core” team which features the first six choices by the committee. The Junior team will play the Senior team on June 6th and 8th.
- Who’s in, who’s out of 2011 draft? (Insider)
Chad Ford on Morris: “Morris may be the most improved college player in the country. He led the Big 10 in assists this season and has the size, floor vision and inside-outside game that NBA scouts covet in a guard. Morris isn’t an elite athlete and still needs to improve his 3-point stroke, but if he stays in the draft, he’s got a shot at the first round. The question for Morris is — just how much higher could he climb with another season at Michigan? A number of NBA scouts told ESPN.com that he needs to return to school to be a lock for the first round — perhaps even the lottery. Morris has until May 8 to decide whether he’ll stay in the draft.”
- CROWN: Nick Stauskas interview by Drew Ebanks NPSAA March 19,2011
Video interview with Stauskas talking Canadian hoops and much more (before his commitment).
- The hands that guide: Trey Burke could see key minutes next season for the Michigan basketball team
Mike Rothstein profiles Trey Burke
- The athletic department has already sold more student tickets this off season than they sold last year.
- Jalen Rose faces drunken driving charges in Michigan
Never a good headline.
- Signing Off
KJ is officially out of the blogging game. Unfortunate.