- When 15th Is Better Than 8th: The Math Shows the Bracket Is Backward
Nate Silver examines why the 8 seed sucks and his graph above puts it pretty simply.
- Tournament Preview: Duke in the West
“Tennessee didn’t have a double-digit win in SEC play that wasn’t against LSU or Auburn. The Volunteers profile isn’t terribly pretty. They’re a poor shooting team that is able to retrieve enough of their misses to keep their offensive efficiency slightly north of Florida State levels, but not at a level that suggests a deep run is in store for the Vols this season.”
- 10 potential breakout stars in this year’s NCAA tournament field
Tim Hardaway Jr. love from the Dagger
- Bruce Pearl puts Cam Tatum back in starting lineup
Wing guard was benched during SEC tournament, struggling with his jumpshot. From the article: What it was, said Pearl, was, “I was trying to play the ‘Can I (tick) you off more than you’re already (ticked) off?’ card. So he would get out there and go, ‘Really? Watch this.’ It didn’t work.
- Duke’s Kyrie Irving talks about return for NCAA tournament
This isn’t the headline that you want to read. Eamonn Brennan provides analysis.
- Michigan finally moving in right direction
AP fluff on U-M
- Ratings Madness: Why the RPI is a lousy way to pick teams for the NCAA Tournament.
Pomeroy featured on Slate
- Coach Beilein — All-Access: Selection Sunday
JohnBeilein.com photo blog of Selection Sunday
- Coaches struggle to control agent influence
Lots of quotes from Illinois players, a very real problem in college basketball
- Sam Maniscalco to play for Illinois
This obviously throws a fork in Max Bielfeldt’s recruitment. Bielfeldt is visiting Ann Arbor this week but Illinois might not have a scholarship remaining barring additional attrition.
- College Basketball’s Big-Play Goggles
Yes, this is a Wall Street Journal article.