- 2011 Peoria Notre Dame big man Max Bielfeldt will take his official visit to Michigan this week, as he’s headed to Ann Arbor tonight. Bielfelt has offers from Michigan and Illinois and is expected to decide between the two schools. Illinois also may be pushing to use its final scholarship on a point guard transfer from Bradley. The interview and highlights above are from this January.
- Jalen Rose provided Tennessee assistant coach Tony Jones, one of Jalen’s high school coaches, with a scouting report of the Wolverines. ($) Here’s some more (free) talk from the Tennessee side of things on the NCAA match-up.
- Despite playing 95% man defense this year, Michigan’s 1-3-1 zone is still a constant topic in the national media. Most recently it’s Andy Katz: “Paging Tennessee? Part of me is convinced the Vols are in position to be the most dangerous No. 9 seed. If the Vols play up to their potential, they could beat Michigan and Duke to get to the Sweet 16. But Tennessee could also lose badly to Michigan and the Wolverines’ 1-3-1 defense.” Despite playing almost entirely man-to-man, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Michigan break out the zone against the Vols, considering their shooting woes.
- Miss the Fab Five documentary on ESPN? It’s posted in its entirety on YouTube.
- Brian posts his thoughts on Chris Webber and the Fab Five while Greg Dooley posts notes and quotes from the pre-screening in Ann Arbor.
- Luke Winn, easily one of our favorite college basketball writers, has plenty of thoughts on the NCAA Tournament brackets.
- David Brandon posted thoughts on Michigan’s inclusion in the tournament on his blog.