- Pre-game Coverage: Preview / Beilein video / Morris & Morgan video / Pick to click
- In or out: Michigan
Crashing the Dance looks at Michigan’s resume. Takeaway: “The Wolverines’ profile is certainly not strong enough to survive a sub-.500 conference record, and unless one of their remaining wins is agasints Wisconsin, a 10-8 finish might be necessary to absorb an early Big 10 tourney loss.” .. Also, 15% of teams that are .500+ in conference play have not made the NCAA tournament.
- U-M’s Novak just fine with fame-by-posterization
“It still crosses my mind, when I see him doing it to everyone else, so you feel a little bit better about it,” … Novak will never forget the monster jam Griffin put on him. He can’t. His mother Dana, a Chesterton teacher, has a photograph of her son’s “posterization” in her room.
- John Beilein was at the Hamilton Southeastern/Pike game last night watching Zak Irvin (2013), Gary Harris (2012), and RJ Hunter (2012). Irvin is a top 2013 priority while Harris is no longer listing Michigan. Here’s a game story.
- Film Session: Bombs away
Inside the Hall looks at how Michigan ended up with so many open threes
- Wolverines walk-ons’ unselfish ways uplift team
- Austin Hatch recruiting update
2013 wing’s dad lists Michigan, Notre Dame, Purdue and Virginia and calls him “best kept secret in Indiana”
- 2013 forward Basil Smotherman committed to Purdue. He’s Purdue’s third 2013 commit and now seven of the 14 2013 & 2014 prospects that have committed are headed to Purdue or Indiana. Michigan was recruiting Smotherman but this could lead to Purdue falling behind in Zak Irvin’s recruitment as the Boilermakers already have three guards in the class.
- Brewster’s McGary names favorites
Favorites: UConn, Florida, West Virginia, Pitt, Villanova, Miami (Fla.), Wisconsin, Indiana and Arizona.
- HQ prediction: Illini 64-60
Illini HQ on the game
- YouTube – 1993: Michigan BB (Fab Five) vs. Illinois
- YouTube – Michigan’s Fab Five vs. Kentucky 1993 Final Four
Fab Five video goodness. (HT: mgoblog)
- Michigan Daily: Behind Enemy Lines: Q&A with Illinois seniors
Daily previews the game with Illini quotes
- NIT Bracketology – S-Curve for the Tournament
Michigan a 2-seed
- NU’s Carmody on the hot seat?
Tribune on Carmody