Carlton Brundidge – Commit
Video Courtesy of Michigan Prep Stars
Brundidge notched a triple double with 22 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists in an 84-57 win over Lake Orion. Southfield also rolled over Farmington Hills Harrison, 68-37, but Brundidge had a quiet night and scored just 7 points.
Class of 2011
Trey Burke – Commit
Trey continues to fill up the statsheet. Burke had 28 points on 12 of 19 (1-3 3pt) shooting with nine assists in an 88-59 win over Mifflin. In an 82-43 romp over Columbus East, Burke was two assists shy of a triple double with 21 points on 9 of 14 (1-2 3pt) shooting with 10 rebounds and eight assists.
Next up for Northland is the Columbus City League Championship versus Walnut Ridge. Northland hasn’t lost a City League game in five years while Walnut Ridge is 16-3 on the year. Northland will play Groveport in the first round of the state tournament. Ohio High School Hoops predicts Northland to run the table and win the state tournament.
Photo Credit: PJ Star
Michigan head-man John Beilein was in the building to watch Bielfeldt play along with his son, Dartmouth assistant coach Patrick Beilein, and Illinois head coach Bruce Weber. Of course I wrote all of this before Bielfeldt picked up a scholarship offer from the University of Illinois last night. Bielfeldt has strong connections to Illinois so that is a huge development in the young man’s recruitment. We posted some user contributed scouting notes here but Bielfledt had 26 points and 11 rebounds in front of Beilein and Weber. Bielfeldt followed that performance up with 21 point and 11 rebounds in 57-46 win over Peoria West.This PJ Star article does its best to dispel myths about Beilfeldt’s game.
Class of 2012
Glenn Robison III – Commit
Photos: NWI Times
Robinson wasn’t able to follow up his monster 39-point performance from a week ago as he was held to just eight points versus No. 5 Valparaiso’s stifling 2-3 zone.
The 2012 guard has had a productive junior season and recently picked up an offer from the Kansas Jayhawks. Stauskas was on the verge of committing to Michigan this summer but took a step back to see what other options developed over the next year. A Kansas offer certainly qualifies as a significant development in his recruitment.
That momentum didn’t carry over to the second half, as Javontae Hawkins took over for the Chargers. Hawkins scored nine of his 16 points in the quarter, as Powers expanded its lead to 47-34 entering the fourth quarter.
“We knew they’d come out and make a run,” Northern coach Thomas Tucker said. “Hawkins is probably the best player in the area. He showed his athleticism. The coach must have got into him at halftime, because he came out a different player.”
Sheldon had 28 points in a 70-49 win over Charlevoix.
Class of 2013
- John Beilein was in Indiana to watch 2013 guard Austin Hatch. Hatch didn’t disappoint notching 30 points and 16 rebounds in an 88-82 victory over Bishop Luers. Michigan is showing serious interest in Hatch, who recently visited for the Iowa game. Beilein isn’t the only one taking notice, Purdue and Virginia coaches have also been in to watch him and Notre Dame is expected soon. Hatch camped at Michigan last summer.
- Steve Haney Jr. had 6 points and three assists in a 2 point win over his old school, East Lansing. Haney also had 17 points in a 79-62 win over Grand Ledge and 8 points in an upset loss to Jackson.
- Jackson Lamb had 31 points in a blowout win over Lincoln. He followed that up with a game high 22 points in a 59-44 win over Saline.
- As mentioned in this post, Denzel Watts had a big 19 point game versus Flint Powers.
- Zak Irvin had six points in a 63-58 win at Carmel.
- Derrick Walton had 12 points in a 30 point win over Dearborn Heights Star International.
- Basil Smotherman had 18 points in a 48-47 win over Covenant Christian, 11 points in a 72-54 win over Fall Creek Academy and 11 points in a 78-55 loss to Indianapolis Cathedral.