KenPom Predicted Overall Wins: Nov. 22, 2010 vs. Feb. 8, 2011
- The graphs above demonstrate the difference in the shift in expectations since Thanksgiving. Michigan’s most likely win total then was 14 and there was less than a 50% chance that Michigan won over 14 games. Now the Wolverines sit at 14-10 with seven games to play the most likely win total is 17 games with ~37% chance of 18+ wins.
- All Access Video: Zack Novak at Penn State
This kind of got dragged down by other content but this is a great video from David Merritt with Zack Novak before and after the Penn State game.
- Manny Harris: Undrafted to Starter
Harris is actually seeing his playing time rolled back a bit, with several Cavs starters getting healthy, but he’s having a solid rookie season.
- Decision to bench Tim Frazier and Andrew Jones with 2 fouls led to Penn State’s NCAA-crippling home loss to Michigan
This is apparently the world that Penn State fans live in. The author fails to note that two of Michigan’s biggest buckets, a pair Darius Morris of layups in the final minutes, came at the expense of Tim Frazier playing with four fouls. He also talks about “handing the Boy Scouts open standstill threes” despite the fact that Penn State attempted 28 threes to Michigan’s 19.
- ESPN Bracketology: February 7th
The Big Ten is down to just 5 teams with Michigan State being one of the first four out.
- Crashing the Dance: February 7th
Michigan is just barely in the picture for teams that are almost on the bubble, if that makes sense.
- On the Dime: The Lucious Effect
The Only Colors breaks down the loss of Lucious. The shocking stat to me is that 81% of Durrell Summers’ field goals this season have been assisted. Summers doesn’t return the favor with an assist rate of just 3.8% — meaning he assists just 3.8% of his teammates’ makes while he’s on the floor.
- Q+A With Tim Hardaway
Hardaway Sr. discusses an array of subjects, including his son.
- Big Ten power rankings: Week 7
Inside the Hall ranks Michigan eighth in the league