Here’s post-game video of John Beilein after his team’s 61-57 over No. 25 Michigan State. Sorry about the shaky camera handling, had to ask for and hold a mike to ask questions. Notes and quotes are after the jump.
- The hot shooting really helped early, especially on Zack Novak’s four-point play. That and rebounding much better than they have so far in the Big Ten. “Tim Hardaway Jr. really did a good job on the boards.”
- On whether this win changes the course of the season: “You never know.” Have to prepare for Iowa, but practices will be better. “They’re sick of going to practice after a loss. It’s not fun.”
- Was important to just make sure State didn’t get the rebound. Maybe you weren’t going to get the rebound, but just make sure State wasn’t getting it, either.
- Stu Douglass has a tendency to rush his shot, but “Hes a very good shooter … We haven’t had a big shot like that since probably Minnesota a couple years ago.”
- On Darius Morris: “He continues to study the game and study his own game.” Said everyone learned a great deal from the Minnesota game.
- “They jammed our ball screens so there was no pick-and-roll available.” Darius was able to get in the lane so Stu could get open.
- Was worried about hand-checks, but was trying to work officials to make sure they had “freedom of movement.”
- On Stu and Zack’s leadership: “They’re leading in more ways than just their shots.” Said Zack’s been a leader “since fourth grade.” Darius also did a good job of “keeping his poise the whole game.”