Video of John Beilein’s post-game press conference is below. Notes and quotes after the jump.
- Minnesota’s length, size was a real factor from the get-go. That and being in foul trouble the whole time really hurt.
- Defensively, struggling because of fouling and “playing in bad positions.” Minnesota played a part though as well.
- “Evan and Jordan are in foul trouble, every game, just like that.” Big men need to keep working on not picking up silly fouls.
- “I’m not concerned with the chemistry (of the team) at all.”
- “(Mental mistakes) were really toubling and they happened over and over again.”
- Said the referees didn’t call the game the way Minnesota has traditionally been called this season, against what they watched on game film.
- Tim played great, was very happy with his aggressiveness and how he was knocking down shots. “There aren’t a whole lot of freshmen in the country who are putting up 20 on Minnesota.”
- On Darius’s lack of production recently: “He’s playing against Big Ten talent.”
- Regarding Darius being taken out of the game, referenced his four early turnovers.
- Was tough to run zone with Hoffarber on the floor because of his shooting. Thought it was 50-50 tonight.