Dominique Pointer ’11, Sean Sheldon ’12, and Jackson Lamb ’13
- Practice is under a month away which means it is time to start ramping up on season preview material. We know it’s been slow but trust us that things will start picking up.
- Despite landing a pair of commitments over the last month, Michigan coaches have still been grinding the pavement on the recruiting trail. Michigan hosted 2012 PF Sean Sheldon on an unofficial visit for the UMass game and will make the trip up north to see him workout this week. Dayton, USC, and Toledo will also be in town to watch Sheldon workout.
- Dominique Pointer took an unofficial visit to St. Johns over the weekend and is sticking to his original schedule. Lavin apparently told Pointer that he could play the 1, 2, or 3 at St. Johns. Pointer will visit West Virginia this weekend and Michigan on October 15th before making his decision shortly after.
- Michigan is almost certain to take a big man in the class of 2013 and they were on the road evaluating two in-state prospects today. Per TJ Kelley from IPS, the coaching stop stopped by Cass Tech, presumably to check out 6-8 Leo Edwards before heading down to Bedford to watch Jackson Lamb.
- The Maize Rage held their first meeting tonight and according to an athletic department e-mail they have sold over 1,100 student tickets already. You can tell it’s ticket season because the athletic department released this slick marketing video released by the athletic department.
- Another scheduling tweak: Michigan’s game versus Concordia has been moved to 7:30 PM on December 6th and it will be televised on the Big Ten Network.
- Michigan’s video coordinator Matt Duprey is moving on and will pursue his MBA.
- Athlon Sports picked Michigan 10th in the Big Ten, in front of only Iowa.