- Joe (follow him on twitter!) confirmed with Denzel Valentine that the junior playmaker received a Michigan State offer today. TJ Kelley, of InsidePrepSports, first reported the offer. Valentine plans to unofficially visit Ann Arbor on Tuesday. We posted some video highlights of Valentine’s AAU season last week.
- Michigan started practice today for their Euro-trip. The extra practice time is one of the most beneficial aspects of the trip. On the downside it means no rest for the Michigan coaching staff as this would have been their first day off the road.
- Kevin Pangos chatted with Nolan Shulman for a podcast at Flagrant Fouls.
- Michigan has reportedly been making a push for Penn State decommitment Trey Burke (video). The 2011 guard had listed Cincinnati, Iowa, and Penn State as his favorites but Michigan could be moving into that top group.
- 2011 wing Dominique Pointer visited Michigan today ($) and appears to be a serious target. Brian W posted several useful links and scouting reports about Pointer in the comments.
- Florida wing guard Rod Days didn’t mention Michigan in this update with NBE Basketball. Rivals recently referred to him as more of a four man than a three.
- Southeastern big man Percy Gibson committed to Dayton. Gibson hadn’t been a serious Michigan target for a while but he’s a very solid big.
- Ohio combo forward Kenny Kaminski committed to Michigan State ($). There have been several questions in the comments whether this would help Michigan in the Matt Costello recruitment – if there was any effect here I’d consider it a positive for Michigan State.