Colton Christian (2010) and Demarquise Johnson (2012) are two new targets on Michigan’s radar
- Colton Christian is apparently taking an official visit to Michigan this weekend rather than last week. Most reports say that Christian is very high on Michigan and he would likely commit if offered. The 6-foot-7 forward played his senior season for Hargrave Military Academy, the same school as Joe Alexander, so it’s a safe bet that Beilein has a good relationship with his coach.
- What does this mean for Isaiah Sykes? At the very least it means that his clock is ticking. Christian is in the mold of a 4/3 type of player and Sykes appears to be strictly a 3 at this point. It’s tough to judge the situation without seeing
- According to Yogi Ferrell’s twitter account, he chatted with both John Beilein and Tom Crean last night. He also added that Beilein was a “cool, laid back coach”.
- It’s time to add Demarquise Johnson to the recruiting radar. The 2012 wing moved from Michigan to Arizona last year and his coach recently told the AZ Central that Michigan is “is all over him.” Johnson is 6-foot-6 and recently earned an Arizona State offer.
- Inside the Hall reports that Marshall Plumlee’s rumored top four schools include Duke, Michigan, Virginia and Wisconsin.
- Aaron Thomas, a 6-foot-5 2011 wing from Cincinnati, Ohio, played extremely well at the King James Classic and is listing Michigan. Thomas is “pretty high” on Indiana and also has interest from West Virginia, Cincinnati, Louisville and Ohio State.
- Video interviews from GBW: GBW Interview: Kevin “Yogi” Ferrell ($)/ GBW Interview: Cody Zeller ($)