- NCAA should use NBA model in cleaning up game
For reference: Harris on Kramer (sorry the music sucks) versus Lucas on Lucas-Perry
“The elbow thrown by Kalin Lucas against Michigan on Monday was a closer call, but it clearly was not inadvertent — it just wasn’t as blatant and easy to call as Rautins’ or Manny Harris’ last season. However, if it had been called flagrant, it would not have been out of line. You can protect the ball and clear space, but it should not be done through the face. Period.”
- Excerpts from 1953: New rules
Ken Pomeroy has a throwback news article about rule changes in 1953 including the start of “coaching from the bench”
- How Berenson and Beilein Put Values Before Victories
John U. Bacon on Berenson and Beilein’s disappointing seasons as well as his take on Manny’s suspension and what transpired.
- He’s redshirting now, but Michigan basketball team might need Blake McLimans next year
“He really goes well to his left and has a great left-hand explosive layup that was pretty impressive when he was here,”
- Lucas becomes a leader for Spartans
Rick Bozich on Kalin Lucas
- Relax, Tom Crean still needs time, friends
*CLAP* *CLAP* “Let’s go!!” – Tom Crean
- Are we #5 or #15?
KJ attempts to figure out where the Spartans stack up nationally
- Harvard School Of Basketball
Sports Illustrated on Jeremy Lin and Tommy Amaker
- Ohio State’s Evan Turner should lead all Player of the Year debates
Yes, yes, and yes.
- Nankivil’s Career Night All For Naught
Purdue escapes and Michigan State is now 3 up in the loss column