- Len Elmore knows how to stay busy. After his NBA career he headed to Harvard Law School and has dabbled as an agent and lawyer while announcing college basketball games on ESPN and CBS on the side. Not a bad gig. In an interview with BitterLawyer.com, Elmore predicted a Final Four of “Kansas, Michigan State, North Carolina and a surprise team—say Michigan”. I think you would have to be crazy to pencil Michigan into your Final Four at this point, but who am I to doubt an ex-NBA player and Harvard Law graduate?
- Timed nicely with my versatility post from yesterday, Rivals names Manny Harris one of the top 10 triple digit threats in the country.
- Mike Rothstein has a piece on Beilein’s track workouts building chemistry.
- Some more preseason All-American lists… Gary Parrish has Manny Harris on his third team, Kalin Lucas is also on the third team. Blogging the Bracket also named Harris a third team All-American but placed Evan Turner on their first team.
- Andy Katz critiques some recently proposed or approved NCAA rules.
- Finally, a quick Darius Morris video from Hoopmixtape.com, Morris is my sleeper pick to take down the dunk contest at Michigan Madness: