It’s that time of the year for college basketbal fans. There’s pretty much nothing happening; AAU is over, everyone is ready for football, and the November seems so far away. Luckily, official visits will start up with football season, but honestly, it’s football season. Add in some controversy about football players lifting weights and playing football, and basketball is probably the last thing on any Michigan fan’s mind.
Here are a few hoops-related tidbits to get your week started.
- As has been rumored, Casey Prather will visit Ann Arbor for the Notre Dame game. He will head to Clemson this weekend, and the week of the 19th (vs. Tennessee). Notre Dame is a big visit weekend for the basketball team, there has been talk about getting Trey Zeigler on campus as well as a number of 2011 recruits.
- Jeremiah Davis was rumored to be visiting this weekend, but I haven’t heard much more on that, he was recently in Bloomington for IU’s Elite Camp.
- Carlton Brundidge is still feeling the Maize and Blue, from an Oakland Press update: “Although CB wouldn’t tip his hand to what school he’s going to select, he did say, “I’m leaning towards staying at home. I like coach Belien and Michigan a lot”
- Ben Cronin was the latest player to get the obligatory MGoBlue.com fluff treatment. Cronin talks about how happy he was last year during his limited playing time, the loss of his father, the love the students gave him, and much more.
- Draft Express named Manny Harris the #5 draft prospect in the Big Ten. I think 5th is pretty fair for Manny but I’m not sure about JaJuan Johnson at #3.
- Kelvin Grady is #2 on the depth chart at slot receiver, Howie Beardsley provides the fluff in the Grand Rapids Press.
- Marshall Plumlee received a Duke offer last week.
- Patrick Lucas-Perry takes to the gridiron and scores a touchdown on a 57 yard run.
- A Michigan Preps update with Percy Gibson ($), still no Michigan offer.
- If you are interested in NCAA rulings and such, Gasaway has some very interesting thoughts about the Memphis ruling.