The final non conference schedule was released today. The big names had already been announced and there is a good lineup with UConn, Kansas, Boston College, Utah, and the Old Spice Classic (featuring Xavier, Florida State, Marquette, Baylor, and Creighton among others). These marquee games along with what should be a strong Big Ten again next year means that Michigan’s strength of schedule should be very strong next year.
The only frustrating part of the schedule is that the cupcake teams all had very bad RPIs last year. It looks like we will have four or five games against teams with an RPI over 200 again this year. Ideally you want to try to play 100-200 level teams who are still beatable but not terrible.
- Friday, Nov. 6 Exhibition vs. Wayne State
- Saturday, Nov. 14 Northern Michigan
- Friday, Nov. 20 Houston Baptist
- Thursday, Nov. 26 vs. TBD (Old Spice Classic)
- Friday, Nov. 27 vs. TBD (Old Spice Classic)
- Sunday, Nov. 29 vs. TBD (Old Spice Classic)
- Wednesday, Dec. 2 Boston College
- Saturday, Dec. 5 Arkansas Pine Bluff
- Wednesday, Dec. 9 at Utah
- Sunday, Dec. 13 University of Detroit
- Saturday, Dec. 19 at Kansas
- Tuesday, Dec. 22 Coppin State
- Sunday, Jan. 17 UConn