All of the bracketologists updated their brackets today and it seems like all of them but Warren Nolan have Michigan in the field of 65. The consensus is that Michigan is right around the 10/11-seed line. Personally, I would rather see a 10 or 11 seed than a 9 seed. Michigan is in good position as we head into the conference tournaments but the bottom line is the Iowa game on Thursday looms large. I am very nervous and it is a definite trap game. Not to mention the fact that so many things can happen around the country to drive the number of available bids downward. Hopefully the team takes Manny Harris’ words to heart:
“It feels good, but I’m not going to feel as good until (the NCAA bid) is in writing and I see it on Selection Sunday,” Harris said. “We’ve got a lot more work to go.”
- RPI: 42 / SOS: 10
- Bracket Matrix: 11 Seed
- Bracketology 101: 10 Seed
- Crashing The Dance: 10 Seed
- Joe Lunardi: 11 seed
- Jerry Palm: 10 Seed
- Bracketography: 9 Seed
- Warren Nolan: Out
- The UMHoops All-Big Ten Team
If you missed it…
- The Shape Of The Bubble
Mgoblog on the bubble
- Get In
Mgoblog on the game
- SportsMonday Column: Tourney bid would give campus a real March Madness
It would definitely be a fun ride, the bandwagon would certainly open up.
- Andy Reid: Just how big was the Wolverines’ win over Minnesota?
Happy feelings are good but all of this “we’re in” talk still makes me nervous. We are definitely going to be sweating if we lose on Thursday.
- Tubby, time out, turnovers, put tournament in doubt
From the Barn with the Minnesota take on things
- More on Tubby’s timeout decision
“At that point in time, you need a three,” Smith said. “A two is something a little different. He made a jump shot from way out there, I don’t know what the chances are of that happening.”
- Laval Lucas-Perry rediscovers shooting touch at critical time
It would be nice if they keep falling…
- Weekend in Hoops: Wildcat-Heavy Edition
Gasaway on the weekend that was
- Everyone’s Back: So What Happened?
More Gasaway, what happened to Notre Dame and Baylor teams that are essentially the same team?
- With six days to go, questions abound in Big Ten, Big East, more
Glockner says that Michigan can’t afford a loss in the first round of the BTT