Thursday Links: Upset Edition
- Anthony Tucker Out For Year With Diseased Report Card
Four for four on the freshman year checklist: Black out in an alley, get arrested, get mono, and fail classes.
- Iowa Beats Wisconsin,Â 73-69
Guess they don’t need Tucker…
- Shocker in Spartyville – Cats upset MSU 70-63
Jubilation in Evanston
- Northwestern Game Recap (1/21/09)
Raymar Morgan was sick and MSU continues to struggle against zone defense.
- Gophers need to rebound to rebound
Katz: But if Penn States does finish ahead of Michigan in the standings by a game or two, don’t be surprised if the Lions don’t get into the NCAA tournament. The standings aren’t the true reflection of the selection process. Michigan still has two wins over UCLA and Duke that Penn State won’t get, and if the two teams were ever compared against one another in March, the Wolverines would almost certainly have the better overall resume.
- Video: Jordan Morgan in action ($)
14 point 10 rebound performance against DCC in video
- January 16, 2009- The NCAA’s Black Friday
North Star on the NCAA’s poor decisions
ESPN has to let go of the Mid Majority
- A very early look at who’s looking good and who needs some help
Michigan is “in the mix” along with Wisconsin, Purdue, and kinda sorta Northwestern
- Morris Peterson: Mateen Cleaves was the best PG he played with (he plays with Chris Paul now. wow.)
Uhm, really? (HT: Spartans Weblog)
- Grandersonâ€™s Celebrity Shoot Out – 2009
Curtis Granderson hosting a celebrity basketball tournament featuring Braylon Edwards qualifies as Michigan basketball right?