The Day After: Reaction Links
- BEILEIN A GENIUS? NO ARGUMENT HERE
Mike Gansey’s e-mail came in moments after Michigan knocked off Duke yesterday for the Wolverines second win against a Top five team this season. “Coach Beilein is a genius,” wrote Gansey, who starred on Belein’s teams at West Virginia a couple years ago.
- Sims stars, but chemistry shines in win over Duke
Top flight recruits celebrated by taking pictures on the enhanced Block M at center court of the new Crisler Arena floor, but only after hundreds of students, parents and a few terrified Michigan players caught in the melee made their way off. Nobody wanted to leave following U-M’s 81-73 win over Duke, its second victory over a top five team this year â€¦ and nobody could blame them.
- Sims, U-M blossoming together
Wojo: To declare Beilein’s program has arrived is a bit bold. To say it’s expanding rapidly isn’t bold enough.
- Bigelow: Beilein has Wolverines looking like they’re having fun again
“He defines the C and the O and the A and the C and the H in ‘coach,’” said Sims, who had a game-high 28 points. “He coaches you on an interpersonal level that’s just amazing. In myself, I’m a better player than I’ve ever been, and that is all Coach Beilein.”
- Wolverines all grown up in Beilein’s second year
Before the Wolverines’ starting lineup was introduced, a video highlight was shown while flashing back to the glory days of the program. It ended with the words “Now It’s Our Turn. Back To Business.”
- Postgame Quotes: Michigan 81, #4 Duke 73
Quotes from Beilein and players — you can also get to nice video highlights at the top (I can’t get a working link or embed code from the highlights).
- Video/Audio Interviews: Sims Video ($), Grady Video, Beilein audio ($).