Bring out the Maize jerseys, hop in line or scalp a ticket — excitement’s back at Crisler Arena. This game has been sold out for weeks and should be electric from the start. Chances of a Michigan win are clearly low (10 point home underdogs), but as fans this is what we live for: a chance to knock off the giant. The analytical side of us knows that we are playing a Duke team chock-full of All Americans and that we are outmatched at just about every position. But inside, for some inexplicable reason, our inner-fan tells us we might have a shot.
Michigan lost the first contest 71-56 but gets another shot at the Blue Devils in the friendly confines of Crisler Arena today. Michigan couldn’t buy a bucket last game as they shot a frigid 35.2%. Duke got to the line at a higher rate and pulled down more offensive rebounds. The one thing Michigan did relatively well in the last match-up was hold onto the ball, they had only 12 turnovers.
- Trey Zeigler (2010 SG/SF) – Sounds like Trey can’t make it in (facebook status being circulated around – see comments).
- Tim Hardaway Jr. (2010 SG)
- Allen Payne (2010 SF)
- Brandan Kearney (2011 PG)
- Percy Gibson (2011 PF)
- Jordan Morgan (2009 PF/C commit)
- And possibly several others, here’s a look at instate prospects from the the Detroit News.
What They’re Saying:
- Duke’s latest blowout makes Beilein worry
- Next Up – Michigan
From the other side, Duke Basketball Report
- Duke’s Singler poses big challenge for Michigan
- Shepherd doesn’t mind helping Michigan basketball team quietly
- Beilein talks Duke, more ($)
If you are going to Crisler today get there early and be loud from start to finish because this team needs and deserves every bit of support they get. Let’s hear your predictions in the comments and of course during the game as well.