- Michigan depends on DeShawn Sims’ post play at both ends
“As soon as the season ended last year, I knew I was going to have to pick my game up for this team to be successful. I’m better as a player mentally. Physically will take care of itself.”
- UM hopes more 3s make beelines to basket
“It spreads the floor,” said Sims, who led UM with 19 points and nine rebounds off the bench last week. “You can’t sag off any of our guys, one through 15. It’s just going to open the lane and give us more room to work.”
- UM vs the GLIAC: Round 2
A few things to watch for against Michigan Tech
- U-M’s Beilein craves better shooting
“I think we have shooters at virtually every position, where that wasn’t the case always last year. Hopefully we will because it will certainly open things up for us.”
- Beilein talks Michigan Tech, more ($)
- Michigan’s Beilein preaches patience with program
“Ultimately, we’ll be judged on wins and losses. But in our second year, we’re still trying to get our head above water,” Beilein said in an interview with The Associated Press. “In the programs we’ve turned around, it was the third or fourth year before we had results.”
- Maize and Blue Game Prep: This Time It Counts
“It’s exciting but right now we are focused on just beating a good Michigan Tech team,” said Zack Novak. “We have a good test tomorrow and we’re ready to get it going.”
- Can Manny be Michigan’s answer?
â€œThe whole time I worked out this summer, I just thought about Michigan basketball and putting Michigan basketball where it needed to be,â€ Harris said.
- Video Interview: Ben Cronin ($)
- One other note, signing day is tomorrow and there will be a special on the Big Ten network featuring Dave Revsine, Jim Jackson and Dave Telep (6PM EST). Darius Morris, Matt Vogrich, Jordan Morgan and Blake McLimans are all expected to sign with the Maize and Blue.