I am more excited and hopefully about the basketball visitors this weekend than the game itself. So much so that I’m going to talk about the visitors more than the football game. First lets take a look at who is due in town and what we know:
- Nate Lubick (PF – 2010) Â – Big time power forward prospect has been to Ann Arbor several times and appears to be favoring the Maize and Blue.
- Austin Carroll (SG – 2010) – Lubick’s teammate appears to be becoming a more serious target and will move to the class of ’10.
- Jordan Morgan (PF – 2009) – U-D big man and Michigan commit Jordan Morgan will be on hand selling Michigan to the other visitors.
- Trey Ziegler (PG/SG/SF – 2010) – Dynamic 2010 guard is regarded in many circles as the best player in Michigan regardless of class. Already his second Michigan football visit this fall. Michigan, UCLA, CMUand Michigan State appear to be the main teams involved.
- Brandan Kearney (PG – 2011) – Big 2011 point guard has been interested in Michigan for a while. Connection to the Edwards family.Â Tennessee, Kentucky, MSU, Syracuse, and Ohio State are all involved in his recruitment.Â
- Other young visitors likeÂ Christian Vaughn, andÂ Percy Gibson are also going to be on campus in what should be a huge recruiting weekend for Michigan.Â
- I don’t think Lubick will drop this weekend but it’s still a huge weekend getting arguably the top three targets on the recruiting board on campus together. Maybe the dominos start falling but predicting that might be getting a little ahead of ourselves. Hopefully the atmosphere is great though, Big Ten opener, Michael Phelps, and maybe a win??
Now for some football links:
- Preview: Wisconsin
mgoblog breaks down the game
- Scouting Report: Wisconsin
mgoblog reader breaks down the Badgers.
- Michigan re-shuffles its offensive line combination
A little nerveracking to say the least.
- Week 5 Big Ten Preview
Michigan Sports Center looks at the other Big Ten games.Â
- Taylor awaits tough challenge
- U-M’s Sam McGuffie flexible, reliableÂ
- As Michigan’s new quarterback, Threet takes the reinsÂ
- Grady learns lesson, leads by exampleÂ
- USC no longer Pac-10 bullyÂ
The Wolverines are huge underdogs at home against Wisconsin obviously but I think that the offense looked miles better against Notre Dame than the rest of the season. The defense… not so much. Hopefully the team can win one for the hoops squad but I’m going to have to go with Wisconsin 24 – Michigan 13. My player of the game: Travis Beckum. Let’s hear your predictions and thoughts about the hoops visitors.