Rough loss for the women’s team tonight to Wisconsin 69-67. Michigan led by as much as 20 points and still managed to let the game slip away. As you can see from Borseth’s reaction, Michigan got out rebounded 40-33 (23-7 offensive rebounds). This was enough to cost Michigan the game even though they out shot Wisconsin 51% to 34%.The loss will probably cost Michigan an NCAA tournament bid but it has still been a very successful first season for Borseth and the Wolverines. They beat Michigan State for the first time in six years (nine games) in front of a record 5,596 people (more people than have been at many mens games this year). They also probably will finish with a winning record in the BigTen as well. Not to mention winning 3 road games in the Big Ten (at Wisconsin, Northwestern and Illinois). Hopefully they can scrape together a few more wins and make some noise in the Big Ten Tournament to reach the NCAA tournament. Or at least get a few offensive rebounds.
- Notes, quotes from John Beilein on Big Ten teleconference
- Recruiting Roundup: Kameron Chatman plays first high school game in two years
- Five Key Plays: Houston Baptist at Michigan
- Game 9: Houston Baptist at Michigan Recap
- Photo Gallery: Michigan 107, Houston Baptist 53
- Video & Quotes: John Beilein reviews win over Houston Baptist